Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Montana trip July 2008

Every summer, the Eggers/Linam clan, or some part of us heads to Big Sky. This is Lone Peak, which we can see from our condo.
Drew has a special place in his heart for "Doc." It's done wonders for my dad -- just look at that smile!
One of the days we were there, we hiked up to an Alpine lake, fondly called "Rat Lake." Thankfully, we did not see any rats or other similar animals. We did, however, enjoy a wonderful picnic lunch beside the lake.
Drew wasn't crazy about this backpack. That's okay, though, because next summer it will be our other son riding in it!! I expect him to be lighter than Drew -- he was pretty heavy!!
I think this was the kids' favorite part of the trip. We took a hayride to an outdoor cookout complete with strolling cowboy musician! Drew was trying to join in the music by playing the guitar on his shirt.
My favorite part of the cookout was the S'mores they had at the end -- we got to roast our own marshmallows and everything!

I don't think I've ever seen a brother and sister who love each other as much as these two. And they already love their baby brother, too. It's so sweet! Every time Drew sees pictures of him, he blows him kisses, and Grace Caroline can often be heard saying "I love J so much, and I haven't even met him yet!" We all feel the same way -- can't wait to hold you sweet boy!

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hi Leann! Did you get the email I sent with your blog?