Naptime: we are in the process of transitioning Sam into his crib in the room he shares with his brother. He's been in a pac-n-play in our room since we got home. Now that he's sleeping through the night, there is no reason he can't be in the room with Drew. So this is Sam boycotting nap. I spent an hour up and down the stairs trying to get him to sleep before I gave up!! Thankfully, he has discovered the Fisher-Price Rainforest music and lights thing I have hanging in the crib and has done well the past 3 naps -- 2 more naps, and then it's overnight in the crib little guy!!
He looks like he might enjoy a trip down the slide with his sister, but....
Not so much. I don't know if the slide was too fast, a 5 year old was holding him, or I was too busy taking pictures to catch him at the bottom, but he was NOT a fan. Maybe he'll like the swing....
No, not really. What child doesn't like to swing? Maybe one who didn't take his nap. Thankfully, God gave me the grace and patience to not go crazy with all this screaming in one day, since this was the day Matt didn't get home until 8:30. I am also thankful that Sam really is a happy baby most of the time now that we are getting adjusted. And he does sometimes whimper, whine, and regular cry now (in addition to the screaming)!
4 comments:
I'm with ya on the sreamin'. When people say "How's it going?" Do they REALLY want to know? Sometimes my brain goes blank because I KNOW they don't! We were ALREADY calling Emily House after only THREE days! After four weeks, I can say we are OVER THE HUMP. Do we have days...yes, unfortuaantely. But not the ear piercing, gut renching 1 1/2 hour sessions anymore. Praise the Lord! You'll get there! Emily said several weeks to several months. (We weren't very encouraged at the time!)
Ok. Elias has the SAME cry. It is heart stopping, can't process thoughts and "I must stop this noise" kind of cry. I hear ya, or actually I think some of my hearing has been damaged:) He will get less fussy, we have entered happy land. Elias has been content to play on the ground, crawl and destroy, etc. He's pulling himself up and is so much happier. It's coming, I swear! Jana
Bless you for posting this. I am currently in my room having a time out. Liam is at nap and Wesley is actually playing well by himself in his room. We have had a "screaming" day to. I often think the same thing about what baby doesn't enjoy _____. You fill in the blank. Liam just has a hard time with change I think. Or new sensations or something. Slide, spoon, pants, coats, new sheets, you name it. It kinda makes you laugh when you think about it. It's cute in an annoying sort of way :)
OH my. That must be so hard. Screaming can really shake your nerves! I do think the transition is very hard with some children, and I wonder how much he will improve over time ... how much is transition and how much is him, you know? If it makes you feel better, my baby loves to destroy. And I mean DESTROY. He hits, pushes, knocks, pulls, bangs, beats ... he is sooooo kinesthetic! And we are having serious temper tantrums, at 12 months! I think I have my first strong willed child!! Doesn't mean I don't love the little nugget. But its my reality, and its been a challenge to navigate. Thanks for being vulnerable.
Post a Comment