I think I posted pictures last year saying the same thing. We really had no reason to believe that James wouldn't be home by Christmas. To quote our case manager "our process was a little different than most." But we can totally see the Lord's hand in it. And Christmas was wonderful with the knowledge that he would soon be home (and probably less hectic without a new baby). Here are a few pictures!

Both loved Santa. Drew yelled from the line "Hey, Santa, my want trains!" Grace Caroline asked for an American Girl Doll. Santa passed that along to Mommy and Daddy.

Dee Dee and Big Daddy came the weekend before Christmas.

Christmas Eve, in their cute Christmas outfits. They're both so opinionated about their clothes, this may be the last year we'll be able to do matching outfits. James has one too with his initials, but it will be too small before he gets home, I think.

Turkey sandwich, cookies, and beer (not in picture) for Santa. "All the boys and girls leave Santa cookies, and delivering all those presents is hard work. He needs a sandwich and a beer!"

Waiting semi-patiently to go downstairs and see what Santa brought.

Christmas morning after breakfast with Momse and Doc.

Last Christmas in Cincinnati. This is downtown at Fountain Square the Saturday after Christmas. We went to see the train exhibit at Duke Energy.
7 comments:
Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. Your kids are so cute! Can't wait to meet your new little one when we travel to Ethiopia in less than 3 weeks.
Don't all hardworking people deserve a beer?? That is hilarious!! So excited for you guys!!
Love your pics :)! How is all of the packing going? Are you so ready and excited!! Can't wait to see your little man!
nice to meet you and find your blog. we are adopting from Ethiopia also and cannot wait to see what happens next.
Glad you had a great Christmas. It is getting closer and closer! I have given you a blog award if you would like to accept it. Here is the link to my post.
http://thewoodrumcrew.blogspot.com/2009/01/when-life-hands-you-lemons.html
Your children are very kind to leave Santa a sandwich and a beer! I bet it made his night :) So happy you are on your way to hug and hold your sweet james!
Safe travels Leann. We will be praying for you. I can't believe you will have that little guy in your arms so soon. You have waited forever for him. Give him some extra lovin' from me-not that he'll remember me, but I told him that you loved him.
Post a Comment